20 January 2015 Sentinel-3 for Science Workshop
The European Space Agency, in the context of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) programme element, is organising an event dedicated to prepare for scientific exploitation of the Sentinel-3 mission, entitled "Sentinel-3 for Science Workshop", which will be held in Venice, Italy, 2-5 June 2015.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Gather and foster the future Sentinel-3 scientific community
- Review and assess the progress according to the recommendations voiced at previous workshops and symposia.
- Provide a forum for ESA PIs and scientists to present first results exploiting Sentinel-3 type data using previous ESA and Third Party Missions (e.g. CryoSat, Envisat, Modis, Proba-V, etc...)
- Present the Sentinel-3 mission status, algorithms and products
- Provide a forum for international exchange on ocean, atmosphere, land, inland water and cryosphere applications.
- Present large scale international initiatives to support the R&D activities relevant to Sentinel-3 and promote synergy with other Sentinels, as well as other missions.
- Provide a forum for scientists to formulate community recommendations.
- Consult scientists to prepare Exploitation Elements supporting science activities for Sentinel-3
The workshop will focus around the following themes:
- Ocean -- we welcome contributions on the coastal zone!
- Inland Water
- Methodologies, algorithms, processing techniques, performance and tools
- Synergy with other Sentinels, Proba-V and other Missions
The abstract deadline is 31 January.
The workshop website is found at: